Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Chaos

I'm so excited to have found a picture of the mess!


I think my nephew Caleb said it best after he finished playing with Camden one afternoon, "This kid is busy!" Christmas Eve was a perfect example when we decorated gingerbread houses and Shane and I were creating a barn/farmyard version to enter into our family contest. I, being the meticulous perfectionist I am, wasn't allowing Camden to help as much as he wanted, mainly because he was less help and more chaos than anything. I'm usually not that kind of a mom but I'm sure all you mom's can relate that sometimes you just want to make something nice even if it is a gingerbread house. Luckily, Mike came to the rescue!! He let Camden go to town. He stripped him down to his diaper, gave him a table knife and some frosting, and let him at it. Every minute or so Mike would take Camden to the fridge or pantry and let him choose a new food embellishment to use. By the end of the experiment their gingerbread house had frosting, marshmallows, pretzels, almonds, two honeycombs, ketchup, mustard, chocolate sauce, sprinkles, I think a few pieces of dog food, and honey. All of that was conglomerated on one section of the roof. It was quite the masterpiece and really sweet of Mike. I think Mike has a soft spot for Camden which makes me happy.

8 comments:

Heather Anna said...

Too bad you don't have a picture of that, I'm sure it was a sight to behold! Glad your blogging. Matt is the main contributor at our house these days, but I'm sure I will blog again someday.

Lori Fern said...

Kate- Life is so much fun and not always the way we planned. I am trying to take life a little less seriously. Thanks for the reminder.

Katie Lila said...

Yahoo for Chaos. I love the Dora boots that kid is a hoot!

Leishman family said...

How are you? I finally found your blog from Sparky's. I hope everything is going well. I will give you another call so we can talk.

matt, camee, tyty, kaylee and jayce said...

i found you from sparky's blog, too!! HOORAY!! how are you feeling?? I hope all is wonderful!! we NEED to get together soon!!! i miss you!!!! love ya!

The Ashtons said...

If that isn't a little Shane! Congrats on another boy and I hope you're feeling OK!

janel said...

Please post again!

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

I've been waiting for something new on the blog, but you must be busy. Hey annie said "congrats on another boy," did we know you were having another boy? That will be so much fun to have two together. They can be best buddies!