Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BOSTON and much more






Whew! It has been a little while hasn't it? I'm sorry. With moving, being pregnant, and Shane stealing the laptop 6 out of 7 days of the week for work it has been a little tough to stay on top of our blog. I'm sure most of my friends and family had given up on my blog but I'm back and with more than a little news. We had a baby! Waa-whoo. Wait a minute, one correction from above, I had a baby. Shane was a definite necessity in creating the little tyke but I have to take the credit for the delivery of our son because I have the battle scars to prove it.

He came quite unexpected, four weeks earlier than planned, and besides a 5 hour short stop to the NICU was beautiful and healthy. As most of you know, my labors are unusual in the fact that I don't know I'm in labor until about 45 minutes before the kid comes a knockin. I was afraid that this labor would be similar to last where I delivered with no time for medication, but as an answer to my prayers a routine check up at the doctors proved to be very important!

I had a scheduled doctors appointment on Monday, May 19th in the afternoon for my 36 week check up. I asked the doc if she wouldn't mind checking my cervix, because of my precipitous history and so I could gauge where I was in the process. The only thing she said when she checked was "wow". I was dilated between a 6 and a 7 and was 80% effaced. I had no idea. She sent me to the hospital and three hours later little baby Boston Richard was born. He was a very decent size, 7lbs 1 oz. 19 1/2 in long, especially for a 36 weeker. He is adorable and fuzzy and we are so thrilled to have him here healthy.

So far, Camden thinks Boston is pretty cool. When he came to visit he tried to climb into his baby bed and continued to repeat his name over and over. When we let C hold him, he would point at Boston's body parts and say in a high pitched baby talk, "eyes", "wittle fingers", "nose", " ohh cute". I love my boys (Shane included).

So that is the latest with us. We are so blessed to have been able to have another child given to us. I can't believe that we are a family of four now. It all happens so quickly and what a miracle it all is. We are so thankful to our families and friends for being a huge support to us and giving us a boost when we need that extra hand. Wow. We can't believe this is our life, God has been so wonderful to us.

We will keep you all updated on everything and tell you when we will be blessing him.

11 comments:

Griffin Family said...

Katie~
I can't believe you had Boston already! I talked to you Sunday night! Boston is SO cute! Camden will be a great big brother! If you need anything, you know where I live! ;)
Melissa... your neighbor...

Laura/Bridger said...

Congratulations! What a cute little guy. I can see both of you in him. It seems like you just announced you were pregnant, I was surprised to see that you've already given birth. We are happy for all of you, and are glad to see that you have a blog too.
-Laura

Laura/Bridger said...

P.S. We look forward to seeing you sometime this summer here in Boise.
-Bridger

Stephanie said...

Katie - Congratulations! I can't believe you are the mother of two! I love him already! I didn't ever hear what you were going to name the little thing - Boston is Cute! Name the next one something like "Saint George" or "Saint Louis" - you know you want to! JK. Sorry I wasn't a very good friend thru your whole pregnancy - I haven't seen you since the day you told me you were pregers. I feel like you are the little red hen and I didn't help bake the kid, so I shouldn't get to share him! I hope I still can though! I hope you are doing well, and I would like to come see you guys Friday or Saturday. Love you lots!

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

I'm so glad he is here safely! What a awesome surprise to have them come early especially when everything turns out so well. He is adorable, and I can't wait until our little tikes can play. Camden is cute, I hope he continues to enjoy his little bro. I'll be calling soon to see how things are going. Love Ya!

The Alands said...

Hi Katie and Shane,

We came across your blog. Congratulations on your new little boy, he is beautiful. What a cute little family you have.

Harris Family said...

Hey Corrigans! We found you! Congratulations on your new little one - hope all is well with you guys!!

Art and Evelyn said...

So I just now had a chance to check your blog! I've been out of town for weeks and I'm finally back! Congrats on the little cutie! Four weeks early? That's amazing and I'm so glad he's okay! We're happy for you guys and we hope everything is still blissful at your house!

Cory and Emily said...

Hi Katie! This is Emily :) So, I was just reading your blog - and I haven't seen your oldest since he was 6 months! He is SO freakn' cute! Did you know that Boston was born on my bday? What a lucky guy! Anyway, hope you are doing well!

Em

Mollie said...

Katie! Congratulations! Such cute little boys. I am so happy for you and so happy you have a blog!

Persnickety Prints said...

Katie,
Hi! I Found you on Gina & Brads site....hooray for little Boston! We sure miss you guys, especially watching you up there leading the youth of Zion in such beautiful harmony!
Love the pics! And Jordin Sparks...i like her!!!