Monday, September 15, 2008

We love the potty! . . . at least sometimes we do.


We have entered a new frontier ladies and gentelmen, that of trying to coerce a two year old that going to the bathroom in the potty is cool. Luckily, he thinks that being like his Dad is pretty cool, so we ask "Does daddy go poo poo in his pants?" We hope not. I knew it was time to start weening him off the diapers when one day after he took off a load he promptly stuck his hands down the back of his pants came up with a little more than expected and said, "icky". You think? Nasty is more like it. Well, needless to say I wish my kid was the angel child that is potty trained in less than a week. Not a chance. Some mornings are good days and we make it on the pot a few times before we go in our pants. Other days, he could care less and it's all diaper again. A few days ago we had a decent day and he went actual number two in his "big boy potty". However, the funny thing about Camden is that he already wants his privacy when he braves this new potty adventure. The minute I get him up on it he looks up at me and says, "Close door mommy, go out." Because I'm so happy that he is even trying to go I allow him this one wish. A minute later I ask through the door, "Are you finished?" He says, "me done". I walk in and to my surprise he has gone poop in his small potty but felt it imperative that he take his poop in hand and transfer it to the big flushable potty. Wow.




By the way, I wrote this entry a few weeks ago and now Camden is wearing the big boy undies everyday. He really has surprised me. Although, he has become even more particular about his routine of going number two. Not only does he tell me to "go out, close door mommy" but now he demands to have a book while he unloads. "Get me book mommy." I wonder where he gets that from? hehe

9 comments:

Hipple Family said...

That is awesome! Now can you come train Brynlee?? :)

Stephanie said...

Sounds Poopy! Congrats on only having one child in diapers! That always helps the budget. Your child has the most beautiful little face and eyes. He is a perfect mixture of Kate and Shane. So how is the chunky monkey? You need to post some pics of the kid before we don't recognize him again! We need to see each other again soon - when shall it be?

melissa said...

Cute! Isn't potty training so much fun? We just got done with Paisley and she was a lot harder than Avenley! Our newest challenge is that she likes to empty the potty by herself and she almost always spills!

gina bina said...

Katie and Shane! I can't believe I haven't been to your blog before! Congrats on your new baby, he's darling. Katie, you are darling, always have been.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

hey-we need your blogger email to add you as a reader for steve's blog...send it to me at lizzythebotanist at gmail dot com

Jenni said...

Hi Corrigan family! We hope all is well with you guys, its been a long time! Your growing family is BEAUTIFUL! What a fun blog! Lots of love!
-The Sclater Family
ps: Love the name Boston. Too cute!

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

It sounds exciting and a little bit disgusting. Can't wait for those days, but I'm sure Elyse won't be too far behind. Sounds like he has caught on pretty fast though, awesome for you!

Anonymous said...

So funny! By the way Camden is one of my fav boy names, so is Boston! SO CUTE! I almost named my daughter Taya, London. Gotta love the city names! Taya is not potty trained yet. I havent even started that adventure.

Sarah Stout said...

Kids sure have their own personality, don't they?! I love that he is taking his time and wants his privacy... it shows he has a mind of his own! (In a good way!)