Thursday, September 11, 2008

The dreaded Fwd: a pet peeve.


 emailIcon.png
This is going to be a short little entry and may offend a few
people but it must be said.  What is with the pathological forwarders?  We all have them, one or two people in our Contact list that forward every little thing they can get their clickers on.  I don't know about you but I surely don't have time to read every little hallmark sob story or email fear scam or even the somewhat witty but forgettable joke.  News flash for these offenders:  i don't read forwards! Now please don't get me wrong, this entry is not for the one or two time forwarders that occasionally get something of actual interest and pass it on for others to benefit.   
Another thing is this whole forwarding activity really plays with my emotions when I open up my email and I see "Inbox (3)".  A little silent "Waa-whoo" goes off in my head, a little flutter of my heart says "did someone think of me today?,"only to discover the dreaded "Fwd: blah blah blah blah blah blah"  It's similar to getting a hand written envelope addressed to you and getting a poopy advertisement inside (sorry about the "poopy" adjective but amidst potty training it was all I could come up with).  What's worse is that the advertisement is from someone you know!  These forwards are coming from people we know that lack the ability to use the keyboard to write a personal line and instead opt for four pages of  a big waste of time.  Aaah.  Okay enough whining, I'll jump off my soap box now and call it a day.    

7 comments:

Heather Anna said...

amen sistah! love you! hate potty training, totally feel the "poopy" vibe.

Danielle said...

I remember watching a comedian who said, "My mom is the most technologically challenged person ever. She can't operate the TV, DVD player, cell phone or anything. Yet she has fully mastered the art of the email forward. If I see one more dog dressed in a fancy hat I think I'll puke." Isn't it so true? My mom has totally mastered the forward, I guess it involves pushing one button they can handle it...=) BTW-I am doing miserably on the challenge...

janel said...

I personally think that the best first line of a new email in the inbox is "New comment on..." then I'm happy to leave this comment (in lieu of forwarding one of the many dogs in fancy hat emails from my 4th grade teacher!!!--not a joke). Please have more pet peeves, if it means you write more blog entries. We miss you guys up here in SL.

Hipple Family said...

THat just makes me laugh! It's so true.........the whole-"send it to 10 people and it will come true!" Not even!!!!!! lol

Danielle said...

don't mind my comment about the challenge-It had been a long day when I was typing that to my other friend Katie...oops

Troy, Kristin, and Two Rug Rats said...

I love it girl! I hate forwards and I delete them before I read them almost every time. And I would like to proudly say, I don't think you have ever recieved a forward from me.

Linda Winegar said...

I totally agree! I hate forwarded emails. Unlike some peeps, I actually have to filter through a ton of JUNK for my biz, so I'd rather the junk come from people/businesses I don't care about. Um... i never forward it if it says I have to do it in 5 min or my life will end. Who believes that anyways?! My grandpa forwards stuff to me all of the time but he actually does write the "poopy" stuff he sends. He's old and has way too much time on his hands so he sends mass emails to the family at least 4 times a week and they just talk about nothing. I totally need to get him a blog so we can just check in whenever we want to. LOL<3 Linda - winegarfamily.com