Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Boy likes Dress-Ups


Moments after opening his gift he was fully outfitted and ready to play.  Grandma couldn't find a full BYU Cougar outfit so she improvised and found a blue Colts jersey and put Y stickers on the helmet. I love my mom in the background, I think she might be just as excited as Camden.

And a few moments after that, head down in action ready to tackle Shane. 

Rather than doing the laundry that is pilling up in my hallway I've decided to blog.  Here's to irresponsibility!  My mom and I both have a tendency to get the winter blues and she gave me the advice to do things that I want to do rather than all the necessities, or the things I imagine to be necessities, in order to feel more peppy.  
A week ago Camden was wearing his Cougar football outfit. . . again. (Note: His favorite present of Christmas '08, courtesy of Grandma Debbie.)  I allow him to wear it a maximum of two, okay sometimes three, days straight before I bribe it off him to wash it.  As a matter of fact, he is wearing it this very day and it smells like yesterday's homemade greasy doughnuts.  I never imagined I'd have a boy that loved dress-ups so much, but I literally have to hide his "costumes",   in order for him to wear regular clothes.  But I digress, back to a week ago. 
Camden and I were  pretending to play football.  As we were tossing our invisible football Camden stopped mid-throw: 

Camden: "Mom, where's your helmet?"
Me: "Oh, I forgot to put it on, can you help me?" Camden walks over to me and places an invisible helmet on my head, even remembering to buckle my chin strap.
Me: "Thanks C"
Camden: "Hey, where's my football pads?"
Me: "We took them out.  Remember? because they were hurting your shoulders." 
Camden: (with a concerned face) "yeah cause they hurt me." 
Camden: (with conviction) "You got pads mom." patting my nursing chest, "see, you got pads."  
Me: (concealing a smirk), "Great."  

As you can see, Camden has a vivid imagination and if he wants to dress up, then by golly let the man!  






    

7 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Haha... so funny! I love it. The stuff kids say. :)

Hipple Family said...

Funny! What cute kids you have! I am in Utah unitl March. So lets get together...........

janel said...

I used to wonder at one of my nephews who wore a Buzz Light Year costume every day for about a year. And then I got a three-year-old. Enough said.

Linda Winegar said...

lol... he's awesome. Yep...I guess most of us do have "pads." <3 Linda - winegarfamily.com

Heather Anna said...

So cute and funny. I have a list of quotes I've been meaning to post of funny things Cole has said. I'll get right on it. I loved reading this.

Jeanne said...

Jackson was the same way for awhile. His spiderman costume was permanently affixed to his body for months. You should talk to Katie Miller about this. Her three boys love dressing up like no kid I've ever seen, girls included.

Danielle said...

Jacob shows almost no interest in using costumes! Of course, that could be because we have like one. (Throwing balls at lights and ceiling fans, now that's another matter.) Camden is so cute. I like that he noticed that you had pads too.