Thursday, March 5, 2009

Go Wildcats!

When the cashier at Hobby Lobby scanned this item she said, "Do you have some High School Musical fans in the family?"  With no reservations I replied, "Yeah, me and my sisters!" For all you High School Musical fans out there, this one's for you!  
Yes, I am 26 years old and have a mild to moderate crush on Zac Efron.  Yes, I am a mother of two and know many, if not all, the lyrics to the songs of the epic HSM3! And YES, I attended opening night in the theaters and the day it came out on DVD had a party at my house.  
The sad truth about our little party. . . we (me, Amy, Kristi, and Kelly) originally didn't invite any kids.  That's right, an all girl party and no one was under the age of 20.  We rethought the age limit when we realized how ridiculous it would be watching a bunch of grown women smacking a pinata.  So we invited Camden, Boston, Melissa (my next door neighbor) and her little girl Madison.  
Amy provided us with High School Musical 3 take home goodie bags and a tablecloth. While Kristi and Kelly put together the "pin the lips on Troy" game.  The highlight of the night happened when Kelly sat on my sticky lips and we searched for a good 5 minutes looking for them, only to discover . . . 
Amy giving us her "bedroom eyes" during the game. 
  Other fun and exciting things included:   
Painting our toenails Wildcat red.

The thrill and excitement of seeing the movie yet again!  And last but surely not least. . . 

Kristi's pre-show grooving!  

If you have yet to see this movie, I hope now more than ever you will rush out and rent it and have your sisters or friends over.  This is a movie that is all about fun and laughter, as Kristi's grooves will prove.  

24 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm right there with you. SOmetimes it's nice having kids because it gives you an excuse to go see all those movies in the theater. The other weekend on a girls night my friend and I watched the movie The Click-have you seen it? It's got some awesome one liners.

Jeanne said...

Man, I would have loved to have been there! Sounds like my kind of party. I think Ryan is my favorite, even more than Troy. Hey have you ever seen "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". It's a total 80s movie but we used to love to watch it. No singing but lots of dancing.

janel said...

Almost thou persuadest me to rent HSM3, but I think I better do it when Mark is on his next business trip. Can I invite you up? : )

Hipple Family said...

That looks fun! I will have to go see it. :)

Sarah Stout said...

So funny... I've actually never seen any of those movies. Maybe someday! My favorite part about this post is the accidental sticky lips on the butt. Hilarious!

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

I'm one amazing dancer, that much is obvious.

Linda Winegar said...

soooo fun! i am so jealous, i still have not seen it. I love GJWHF too! I love all those girly type movies. Thanks for the fun pics and your wildcat spirit. :) <3 Linda - winegarfamily.com

Kellie Hansen said...

ha! I know that butt! I'm glad you finally put the pics up! I have some too I'll have to put up soon. That was one awesome night! In fact, I would say it was a NIght to remeeemmmberr!! the night of nights, the night of nights...(hum the rest of it...)

Corrigan Clan said...

Wildcats rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather Anna said...

Katie you rock. I wish we were neighbors. I did take Mags to see it in the theater with my friend and we drooled, a bit! :-)

It's high time I saw that crazily commercial, poor-plotted, delightfully entertaining movie again!

Girl party, your house, this summer!

A.J said...

Widcats are the best wildcats are up to the test
wildcats better than the rest go wildcats!

Jenni said...

love the pretty new layout & family ppicture..and love your honesty even more. haha. nothing wrong with loving a movie from disney. haha. my secret is i watch haannah montana every now and again when the boys are napping. gotta love disney channel & shows made for 13 year olds. sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Amy and Andy said...

Best night ever.

Suzy said...

Katie! this is your cousin just alerting you to the fact that we DO all have blogs! (I noticed your comment on Janel's blog) the shame actually belongs on Janel and Danielle for not having links to our blogs from theirs. But that can be fixed :)

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

I have to admit i've never seen the movies, but I'm a little tempted after your post:) I did get your text about the wedding sorry I didn't respond it's been crazy with fam in town. I hope your little guy is feeling better:)

A.J said...

post more I love you're stories and incase you forget
www.abbygaylia.blogspot.com

A.J said...

Post my mom did

Anne said...

Okay I really am jealous now...what a rockin party. I am sad sometimes when I see these great posts.. Oh well see you in July!

A.J said...

A month!Come on katie post

The Ashtons said...

I love them too. Did I ever tell you Adam was an extra in HSM 2?

Katie Lila said...

I think Heath has the right idea because sadly I have not yet seen 2 or 3 so why not have a sequel to the party...does Amy still have the tablecloth. Anne will be there right?

Danielle said...

I have never even seen the first one... I think I may also need to do it when Adam is out of town.

Jennifer Anderson said...

Hey, Katie!
I just saw your link on Anne's blog and thought I'd come check out your cute family. I can't believe how big Boston has gotten! Wow--they grow up so fast, don't they?
Great to see you and hope all is well!
jen